LifeTec’s strategic purpose is to connect people and communities through assistive technology to enable their aspirations.
To achieve this, LifeTec:
- works directly with members of the community to solve individual problems of access and independence;
- raises community awareness and understanding of how assistive technology can be used to overcome obstacles in everyday life;
- educates health professionals on the application of assistive technology;
- seeks to extend the amount of people this service can reach by using and researching current innovation and technology;
- contributes to the development of assistive technologies by identifying community needs; and
- advocates for communities to acknowledge and remove barriers to access and independence for individuals.
LifeTec Strategy Video - 2015