Occupational Therapist - Brisbane
Are you excited about seeing the difference that assistive technology and home modifications can make to people’s lives?
This is an exciting area of clinical practice and consumers are looking to OTs to assist them to navigate the assistive technology options available to them, from simple home aids to emerging technologies.
LifeTec are looking for new team members to help us to help consumers, young and old, to live their potential with the help of assistive technology.
Are you ready to make a difference? If so, get in touch.
About the Role
- Assist consumers to find, choose, learn and use assistive technology to achieve their goals
- Visit consumers in their chosen contexts – e.g. at home, at the park, in the office or via teleconsultation
- Full time and part time positions available
The LifeTec Difference
- Strong emphasis on clinical support, with a wonderful supportive team, full training provided and access to mentors and AT champions. A dedicated Clinical Lead is available whose role is to support clinicians to enjoy their work and perform at their best.
- Access to administrative support to assist with booking appointments, invoicing, following up on paperwork and other unbillable tasks
- Use a structured, evidence-informed pathway to co-design assistive technology solutions with individuals and their support team
- Wonderful hybrid working environment, with flexible work hours and locations. Choose how much you come in to the office
- Above award wages and salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for constant learning and development
- Passionate about a particular field of AT? Become an AT Champion in that area, share your knowledge with others and access support for extended training in your area of interest.
- As a bonus, we have regular staff socials to encourage team bonding and make sure we have a bit of fun along the way.
For a complete job description and to submit applications contact email@example.com
Applications including a resume and summary addressing the key selection criteria are welcome.
- Registered with AHPRA
- A valid driver’s license
- Blue Card / NDIS Worker screening check
- AFP Police Check
Other skills and attributes that we are looking for:
- Excited to delve deeply into the world of assistive technology and keen to learn
- Working knowledge and passion for assistive technologies and/or home modifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in clinical frameworks, goal setting, assessment, clinical reasoning and outcome measures
- Good personal and written communication skills
- Team membership focus as well as capability to work autonomously.
- Effective time management
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, innovative practice and the ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.