Are you an assistive technology user or expert? Have you always wanted to contribute and promote assistive technology in the community?
LifeTec would like to invite you to join the Consumer Reference Committee. It was established to provide an opportunity for people with valuable lived experience to play an important role in promoting the successful use of AT for social, economic and community participation.
The responsibilities of the members will be to bring a broad consumer voice to:
- building community awareness in various locations
- undertaking consumer engagement activities
- refining LifeTec’s understanding of the AT Journey and associated resources
- assist in the development of information, training and marketing materials to ensure accessibility and usebility
- marketing and promotional events
- meetings and training within LifeTec by providing a consumer perspective
- social media conversations
- the design and development of a mentoring program and other consumer based supports
Participants on this committee will be meeting in a formalised structure of 6 x 2 hour bi-monthly meetings per year. We are looking to invite people living in Brisbane, Townsville, or Cairns to nominate to be on the committee.
“LifeTec’s Consumer Reference Committee ensures lived experience of people with disability is taken genuinely into consideration when strategy and services are being developed. It’s rewarding to make a contribution and to find that my opinions have value.”
Terry, LifeTec Consumer Reference Committee Member.
If you would like to nominate, please complete and return the Consumer Reference Committee Expression of Interest.