Are you an innovative & passionate speech pathologist with an interest in Augmentative and Alternative communication solutions for people with complex communication needs? Do you love being challenged to find the right technology solution for people to achieve their goals?
If so, LifeTec is looking for you to join our Communication Service team based in the Brisbane office.
We have a 12-month full-time maternity locum available for a motivated, passionate and experienced speech pathologist to provide consumer-focused, expert information, consultation and education and training services for assistive technology solutions for people with complex communication needs.
Most importantly we are looking for an innovative person with a positive and flexible attitude and a desire to further develop their professional knowledge in this field.
The position will be based in our Brisbane office and will have the opportunity of working throughout Queensland as part of our Access Points services.
For a complete job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be submitted by email by 5.00 pm, Monday 28th January 2019 to email@example.com
Your application must include a current resume and a 1-2 page application addressing the criteria as required for this position.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in a related health profession plus must be a practising member of Speech Pathology Australia for the duration of employment with LifeTec.
- The successful applicant shall be required to have a valid Queensland driver's licence
- Ability and willingness to travel including having the ability to independently set up for community events and individual consultations
Other skills and attributes that we are looking for:
- Working knowledge, experience and passion for Augmentative and Alternative Communication solutions for people with complex communication needs. Clinical experience in the health, disability or aged care sector for 2 to 3 years is highly desirable. This position is not suitable for new graduate therapists.
- Ability to deliver clinical services in a business environment.
- High level of personal and written communication skills, in particular, a professional telephone, online and face-to-face manner.
- Demonstrated team membership focus including proven ability to work in a team environment and on an individual basis.
- Experience in developing and delivering a range of high-quality education and training services including community talks, public seminars, professional workshops/events and other online or self-paced resources.
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of clinical activities and respond to specific issues within a short period of time. Effective time management and flexibility in managing a dynamic workload is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development, innovative practice and the ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.