LifeTec is in a growth phase and is looking to recruit 2 full time Occupational therapists to join our existing fleet of Health Professionals. Positions located at Newmarket and Townsville.
Our staff are passionate about finding Assistive Technology solutions for people of all ages and abilities and know the significant difference Assistive Technology can make in closing the gap between what people want to do and what people can do. The work we do at LifeTec enables people to live a life of their choosing through the application of AT.
Working with LifeTec you will have the opportunity to use an evidenced informed pathway to co-design AT solutions with individuals. A robust professional supervision and mentoring culture exists to support the development of expertise and capability in this field. You will have the opportunity to partner in research projects as well as develop and deliver education products related to assistive technology.
LifeTec is looking for innovative people with a natural interest and desire to further develop their professional knowledge in the field of assistive technology.
For a complete job description email [email protected]
All applications must be submitted by email by 8.00 am, Monday 6th March 2017 to [email protected]
Your application must include a current resume and a 2 – 3 page application or 5 – 10 minute presentation demonstrating your experience with assistive technologies as required for this position including other key areas as outlined below.
- Occupational Therapists must be registered with AHPRA Occupational Therapy
- Minimum 3 years OT experience preferred, not suitable for new graduates
- The successful applicant shall be required to have a valid Queensland driver's licence
- An ability and willingness to travel within Queensland and NSW
- An ability and willingness to work on Saturdays as part of a rotational roster (desirable, generally once every 6 - 10 weeks)
Other skills and attributes that the we are looking for:
- Working knowledge, experience and passion of assistive technologies and their applications in the health and community sector. Clinical experience in the health, disability or aged care sector for 2 to 3 years is highly desirable.
- High level of personal and written communication skills, in particular, a professional telephone, online and face-to-face manner.
- Demonstrated team membership focus including proven ability to work in a team environment and on an individual basis.
- Experience in developing and delivering a range of high quality education and training services including community talks, public seminars, professional workshops / events and other online or self-paced resources.
- Proven ability to manage a broad range of clinical activities and respond to specific issues within a short period of time. Effective time management and flexibility in managing a dynamic workload is essential.
- Ability to deliver clinical services in a business environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development, innovative practice and the ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.