Our team can provide engaging presentations and display tours for groups of interested parties, demonstrating solutions to everyday problems through the use of assistive technology. We regularly present to a wide cross-section of the community including schools, TAFE Colleges and Universities, healthy ageing groups, support networks and community groups. Bookings can be made at any time throughout the year by contact with us or by completing and returning the booking form.
These presentations are general education sessions and up to 45 minutes in length. Topics include:
- Great Gadgets - a run-through of products that will assist with everyday tasks including mealtime, dressing, household, mobility and transport. It also covers products that would be useful for people with arthritis and vision impairment - click the Great Gadgets link to watch this online or call us to order a free DVD for your group or organisation
- Falls Prevention - possible design solutions and assistive technology to make your home and environment safer and more easily accessible;
- Mobility - the selection and safe use of walking sticks, wheeled walkers and manual wheelchairs;
- Transfers - an overview and advice on using transfer products to the chair, wheelchair and bed;
- Children's Assistive Technology - an introduction to assistive devices available to assist children with eating, drinking, cutting, bathing, toileting, mobility, reading and writing;
- Computer Access and Environmental Control Units - a review of the variety of different ways to access a computer/other technologies including switch access controls for computer applications; and
- Communication - a summary of the variety of different speech generating, augmentative and alternative communication aids available.