LifeTec’s team of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Physiotherapists are available to provide a range of clinical services across the full range of assistive technologies and home modifications.
Our team can work with people of any age, and for any goal, whether it be for your home, work or community.
We can provide these services at our offices, your home, workplace, school, or any other location at any time. Telehealth (video consultations) are also available.
Common Areas include:
- Community Access & Recreation
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Computer Access & Technologies
- Home automation and environmental control
- Mobility and Seating
- Office Ergonomics and Workplace Assessments
- Home Modification’s & Environmental Design
- Vehicle Modifications & Driving Assessment
We are registered providers under the following funding schemes in which you may be eligible for:
- Community Aids Equipment & Assistive Technologies Initiative Prescriptions (CAEATI)
- Vehicle Options Subsidy Scheme (VOSS)
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Chronic Disease Management under Medicare
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) (available 1 April 2016 in NDIS sites only)
Implementation, Training & Support
Our team can provide individual training and support on maximising the technologies and systems you have and includes:
- Wheelchair Skills
- Home Technologies Training and Support
- Communication System set up and training
- Switch and Alternative Access
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
This training can also be provided for you, your family / carers or any formal care providers.
Fees & Charges
This includes assessment, therapy, training, fitting and any approved travel to deliver support.
Effective 1st July 2018, LifeTec services to NDIS participants are to be quoted/charged at the following rate:
MMM Locator Region 1, 2 or 3 $179.29 per hour and $59.75 maximum in travel
MMM Locator Region 4 and 5 (Regional) $179.29 per hour and $134.45 maximum in travel
MMM Locator Region 6 (Remote) $215.11 per hour and $215.11 maximum in travel
MMM Locator Region 7 (Very Remote) $224.07 per hour and $224.07 maximum in travel
All other Private Services
Effective 1st August 2018, LifeTec Private services are to be quoted/charged at the following rate:
Health Professionals $175.00 per hour (plus GST where applicable)
CSO's $87.50 per hour (plus GST where applicable)
Travel is to be calculated from Brisbane/Townsville or the nearest LifeTec Access Point. Travel is to be charged at:
To claim travel costs from a participant LifeTec must have the agreement of the participant in advance (i.e. the service agreement between the participant and LifeTec should specify the travel costs that can be claimed). LifeTec can claim travel costs when travelling to and from appointments as follows:
- For travel to a first participant appointment each day, or for travel from one participant appointment to another, LifeTec can claim up to 20 minutes of time against the appointment travelled to, at the hourly rate for the relevant support item. If the appointment is in a MMM4 or MMM5 area, LifeTec can claim up to 45 minutes of travel time against the appointment travelled to, at the hourly rate for the relevant support item.
- LifeTec can also claim for return travel from the final appointment in a day.
In remote areas, LifeTec may enter specific arrangements with participants to cover travel costs, up to the relevant hourly rate for the support item.
Travel is to be charged at full HP rate – full distance charged.
All other Private Services (including MAC, DVA, STRC and Workplace Modification Scheme)
Travel to be quoted and charged at ATO reimbursement rate (currently $0.66 per kilometre + GST where applicable) from point to point (full distance travelled charged).