Close this search box.

CHSP Minor Home Modifications

What is a minor home modification?

CHSP minor home modifications involve making minor structural changes to a home in order to maintain a person’s safety, health and independent living skills. Examples include the installation of grab rails, hand rails, hand held showers and the manufacture of customised ramps, chair raisers and box steps.

Program Contribution

LifeTec is funded by My Aged Care under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) to provide eligible seniors with major home modifications. Under this program, LifeTec may provide a subsidy of up to 50% (capped at $10,000) towards the total cost of the home modification. The client is required to contribute the balance of the costs. The client retains ownership of the modification.

Who can apply?

Under the CHSP LifeTec can provide assistance with minor home modifications to eligible persons, who are frail older people aged 65 years and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) and who have functional limitations, to remain living independently at home and in their community. 

Ineligible persons are those who are:

Application process

To apply for minor home modifications contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. My Aged Care will organise an assessment and provide reference to access LifeTec’s minor modifications program.

Read More About the Commonwealth Home Support Programme by My Aged Care. 

LifeTec staff and/or contractors are unable to change the Occupational Therapists recommendations without first obtaining approval from the referring Occupational Therapist.

It is the responsibility of the client to investigate and gain any permission necessary before modifications are undertaken, for example permission to modify a private property the client is renting, strata scheme permission or local council authority where applicable.

LifeTec is not responsible for the removal of minor home modifications or any rectification works associated with the removal of minor modifications if the applicant relocates from the property where the minor modification was installed.

For more information regarding this program, please contact us on 1300 543 383, email us at or complete the below form.

Send us an enquiry regarding CHSP minor home modifications

Send Us an Enquiry

Not sure what funding is available to you? Have questions on the type of services we can provide? Start your journey with us by sending us an enquiry today!

Skip to content